Wednesday, November 20, 2013

To write


Writing. Why write?

I need to get my thoughts out of my head. They became clear and I can make connections when I can literally see them.  

I write as a way to worship.

I write for emotional release. To allowed the pent-up to flow-out.

I write because it feels good and right. Healing. Energizing. 

I write because paper and pens are dear friends. Allies. Trustworthy companions. Confidantes.

I write to connect with others. To put words to what we both think and feel and experience. 

I write to encourage. To remind us that we are not alone in our struggles.

I write as prayer.

I write to confess.

Lord, show me where I am.  With my blog. With writing. With my voice.

Why do you write? 

4 comments:

Stacy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacy said...

I write for all of those same reasons. I loved the paper and pens one. (Me too!)

Also,
I write to remember.
I write to order my thoughts and to see my faulty thinking and then pray through it.

I appreciate your writing here, Aimee.

~Stacy

Sara said...

I love when you write here Aimee. Even if months pass in between posts. I always gladly read them. I love where your heart is and you have a lot of wise words to share. I know that you point the glory to Him and I hope you will continue to write on your blog as you feel led to do by the Spirit.

Jenny said...

I write for the same reasons you do. It's a need really and if I don't I suffer.