It's that time of year again. The time when our family heads to the beach for lovely rest and relaxation. I have a few simple beach traditions that I always look forward to:
- going unplugged. No cell phone or computer. It is pure bliss! My mind and spirit get "uncluttered" every year when I take that techno-break and I always feel very renewed.
- writing postcards. I love heading to the local beach shop and picking up a handful of postcards to send to faraway family and friends. Finding snippets of time throughout my beach days to pen a few greetings makes me happy.
- visiting the beach used bookstore. I usually pick up a little something like beach-y picture books for the kids or bookmarks or a great coastal field guide.
- peeking around Miss Minnie's Antique shop. I always find a few little gems...a pretty tablecloth, a homemaking book, an apron, or some vintage kitchen goods.
- cooking a Lowcountry boil and eating it out on picnic tables covered in newspaper.
- reading, reading, reading. I always begin with Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh.
- sitting and contemplating while my kids romp in the sand and surf.
- coffee on the front porch every morning with Mike.