I don't normally do "tags" very often...for some reason, they leave me tired! But dear Shannon tagged me with "7 favorite things about your kitchen" and that just seemed plain ol' fun!
So here we go:
1. It's spacious...lots of room to move around as I work (although I am itching for a small island!)
2. The white cabinets. I love white and these cabinets charmed me immediately when we looked at this house. They are warm and homey to me and I smile everyday when I see them.
3. The pantry. Tucked behind two long cabinet doors is lots of shelving and space for everything. It's just perfect to me.
4. Plenty of cabinets. In every other place we have lived I have had to store some kitchen appliances or not-often-used pieces away in the garage or storage room. This is the first place where EVERYTHING I own fits in the kitchen (even including the once-in-a-great-while punch bowl!)5. Window overlooking the backyard. I have always wanted a window over my kitchen sink and have never had one until now. I love the light it brings in and I love watching my children play as I work.
6. White appliances. I posted about my love of white before, and I always want appliances that are white...even down to the blender, Kitchen-Aid and toaster.
7. Hardwood Floors. Some people thought it wasn't wise to put hardwoods in our kitchen. But I don't like tile because it's freezing all the time, and I am so over vinyl. When we moved in the floors were dark green marbly vinyl and they were atrocious. I have been so pleased with our beautiful hardwoods and they bring such warmth and lightness! I know I made the right choice :)
What do you love the most about your kitchen?