I got inspired to share with you ten things that I'm loving right now...
1. Local organic blueberries for only $1/lb. We have already picked 8 lbs and are going back tomorrow night for another 10 lbs. They are the biggest, sweetest, juiciest blueberries on the planet and I plan to fill my freezer full of them!
2. Being consistently on top of my laundry. I am serious when I say that I don't think I have been consistently on top of it the whole 11 years I have been married. My bedroom is now...a bedroom! Not an extension of the laundry room!
3. Simplicity 3835 and 4881. This top is so cute and I can't wait to make many of them (with correct sizing this time!). And the skirt is just a simple A-line but cut-on-the-bias which makes it fall just right over my hips. I'll be making plenty of them too. New uniforms :)
4. New-to-me couch and matching love seat that I found at the thrift for $100. It adds more seating to our living room and our "play room" upstairs. With our hosting a small group through our church and our heart to open our doors to college students, these are just perfect. They look a lot like this.
5. Aunt Martha's Vintage hot iron transfers of the months of the year. I am transferring each one to a flour sack towel and embroidering them for the kitchen. Having homemade touches around my home is important to me...it makes things warmer, cheerier and welcoming. Right now I am working on July and would love to get August done next week!
6. My freezer is currently filled with 14 meals for grilling...salmon, tilapia, steak, fajitas, hamburgers, and chicken all in delicious from-scratch marinades. Can I tell you how much easier life is with plenty of choices ready-to-go in my freezer? I just got this new book and can't wait to begin using it for freezer cooking. I've already seen some fabulous money-saving ideas in there.
7. Afternoon naps in my happy striped hammock. In the late afternoon before I start dinner preparations and a house pick-up, I allow the children to watch a video (this past week it's been Little House on the Prairie Season 1) and I steal away to the quiet and solitude of the hammock. Just birdies chirping and leaves rustling and I fall fast asleep. Twenty minutes later I am refreshed and ready for the "final push" of the day. It's the best $15 I have ever spent (hallelujah for the clearance section :)
8. Having a pool membership. Our stimulus check bought us a membership to a local swim and racquet club and it's the best purchasing decision of the summer. I actually feel like I am getting a summer vacation! The kids splash and play and are getting great exercise...and I can rest, relax, swim, and just be.
9. My Rainbow flip-flops. THE staple of my summer wardrobe. Worn with shorts, skirts, jeans and to church on Sunday. This is summer #3 for these and they are still going strong.
10. God's daily unconditional love and grace and forgiveness. Need I say more?
What are you lovin' during these sweet summer days?