Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

The Simple Woman's Daybook was created by The Simple Woman to focus on the simplicity of everyday moments around you. I was thrilled to find out about this from Susan and would love for it to be a "regular" on my blog (but we'll see....I gotta keep bloggin' simple not complicated :)

FOR TODAY

Outside My Window...

birds are chirping...it's a steamy hot SC afternoon...all is still. Beach towels drying on the clothesline. Scattered toys in the backyard. Wind chimes tinkling now and then.

I am thinking...

about people...moms and students to minister to and encourage...that my life is being called to extend beyond the four walls of my home to invite others in.

I am thankful for...

a patient, supportive, hilarious husband. I can't imagine ever finding someone so right for me. Summer produce in the frig...local blueberries, cantaloupes and strawberries. Lazy summer days filled with camping, friends, the pool, movies, and creative projects.

From the kitchen...

sesame chicken, basmati rice and stir fried green beans for a family who just had a baby on Father's Day. For us tonight...some grilled chicken, grilled asparagus, and roasted potatoes.

I am wearing...

my favorite red t-shirt with my favorite beaded necklace with....my favorite pajama pants :) I did have on denim bermuda shorts but had to sneak into some cotton comfort since Aunt Flo is visitin' :)

I am creating...

a new homey environment by doing some furniture rearranging and making more cozy nooks for reading and connecting with the Lord and others.

I am going...

to a Financial Peace "reunion" tonight to reconnect with those whom we took the class with and to encourage each other.

I am reading...

Living More With Less by Doris Janzen Longacre.

I am hoping...

for a few more cooler days before the oppressive humidity of July and August comes to town. And that Will will take naps well in his "big boy bed".

I am hearing...

the continual hum of the A/C unit and the "Lord of the Rings" cartoon version on DVD.

Around the house...

controlled chaos. Everything is a bit out of whack in the midst of re-ordering and moving furniture, bookshelves, etc.

One of my favorite things...

Will's big cheeks...I kiss them on and off all day.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

finishing up cozying my home, helping at the Dish Dash tasting, and watching some friends' little girls this weekend so that the mama and daddy can have a getaway together.

8 comments:

laurel said...

I loved this on Susan's blog, and i love it on yours too!! I think I am going to have to do this on mine now...
It's so fun to get a little glimpse into the heart and life of my blog friends!!

Debbie in CA : ) said...

What a great idea. Simple living is simply abundant. I'm always inspired when I come for a visit. Thanks for your honest open heart. : )

Lelia said...

Friend. . .just saw this book on another's Xanga blog. . .must go and find it for myself. Wish I could come and visit your home again so I could see how you've reaaranged!!

Tabitha said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog a few weeks ago! We've been busy traveling and doing summer things & I haven't been online very much.
Enjoyed this post ... fun to join you in your day for a moment.

Bonita said...

I saw this recently too and plan to start participating. I enjoyed reading about your simple life. It truly didn't sound overcrowded, but simple and refreshing.

Michele said...

I love "More With Less!" I use quite a few recipes from it. Enjoy all your fresh produce! Have you read "Simply In Season"? (I think it's by Mary Beth Lind- it's the same Mennonite publisher.)

Blessings,
Michele :)
www.frugalgranola.blogspot.com

Susan L said...

Finally catching up on my blog reading! :-)

This is fun! I love your food stuff-- it would be a blast to eat with you.

I love the furniture arranging for a homier environment thing. I'm like that, too, always trying to make it cozier and more restful and a nicer place to be.

And Living More With Less is one of my favorites. I read it every year and read parts of it more often than that.

Susan :-)

Hill upon Hill said...

I love cosying our home. I find when cleaning, it is really fun to move everything about.