Saturday, December 22, 2007

Holiday Reads

I was thrilled to find this book at the library this afternoon and I think it will be a new favorite!
"The journey to simple living begins at home. And the first step is to throw out the idea that things can, or should, be perfect. The next step in creating a home that is both functional and restful and renewing is to invite God in. With prayer and reflection, anyone can bring a sense of peace and purpose to every room in the home."





from the cover:

"The December solstice is a turning point. For some it represents a time of darkness, the shortest day of the year. But for others this event--just a few days before Christmas--is about hope, renewal, and rebirth. In a story both deceptively simple and effortlessly complex, Rosamunde Pilcher brings together five very different people, ranging in age from the teens to the mid-sixties, each of whom must confront very different challenges or losses...but somehow the group proves greater than the sum of its ill-suited parts, and as the solstice passed and Christmas approaches, the healing power of love, even on the most troubled human spirit, begins to work its magic".

Time to invite my sweet hubby to get a fire going, brew some hot tea, grab my favorite fleece blanket and curl up for some inspiration!

What are you going to be reading this week?

4 comments:

laurel said...

I am looking forward to rereading the Christmas Story in the Gospels, as well as some of my favorite passages from Mitten Strings for God: Reflections for Mothers in a Hurry by Katrina Kennison. I just pulled it out last night, as a matter of fact.

Terri said...

I'll definitely have to check out that first book. It sounds like it's right up my alley.

www.annkroeker.wordpress.com said...

Hi, Aimee! I couldn't quickly find an e-mail for you, so I thought I'd leave you a little comment that I just wrote a post at my blog that references one of yours from September. Would you please send me your e-mail? I'd like to ask you something about it less publicly! My e-mail is ann(at)annkroeker(dot)com. Thank you so much--I hope you don't mind that I quoted 80 percent of that post!

Anonymous said...

Oh Aimee, that book The Simple Home looked so good that I have ordered it and am now waiting anxiously for it to arrive!
Her other book A Simple Christmas looks tempting too!
I'm enjoying reading Pure Style Living -Jane Cumberbatch-
Happy New Year!
Jane